Friday, April 27, 2012

Finally Friday--Finally, and an Epic Fail

The Doors Of Nagaland


Image Found Here

Quite some time ago I won a couple pendants from Joan at Off Center Productions. The pendants were inspired by the doors of Nagaland. I’m not sure if she actually visited there or took her inspiration from web photos.

Nagaland is in the far north-eastern part of India and is mostly a mountainous state. Agriculture is the most important economic activity, along with forestry, cottage industries and tourism.

There are 16 main tribes of Nagaland, and each one has its own unique design and colors, and their own language. Nagas speak 60 different dialects, and the traditional languages do not have any script of their own.



I’ve had Joan’s pendants for quite a while, waiting for the right time to use them. When I saw the door in the inspiration photo I knew I had to use this pendant. But time got away from me and I didn’t get my piece finished. Here is the collection of beads and findings I was going to use, though other than the pendant I had not yet come up with a real plan. There are various lampwork beads, some vintage beads I purchased from Judy Glende, Joan's pendant, and Vintaj components. Sorry for the rotten photos. That's what you get when you wait until the last minute. The inspiration color palette is from Design Seeds.



Here is a close-up of the pendant, to which I added a copper bail. It looks so much prettier than this photo shows, but the lighting this morning was not conducive to taking good photos.



Here are some great photos of the amazing people of Nagaland people-found on Pinterest.

Be sure to visit Shannon's blog for today's Finally Friday, and to play along.

6 comments:

Lori P said...

My absolute favorite color combination. Beautiful pendant, too. Thanks for the background.

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

thanks for playing along, even though you didn't get anything made yet I know you will! I love to fill tins with beads for future projects.
Shannon

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

That is a lovely color pendant and a wonderful inspiration photo, too! Your header is lovely!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Beautiful color collection.
The pendant is lovely.

Roxanne Mendoza said...

Hi Alice! I'm sure you will create something with these cool beads when the timing is right. Keep us posted!

:) ps...thanks for the sweet blog comment.

Anonymous said...

Love those cool teal tones and soft taupes. The pendant looks very intriguing can't wait to see what you do with the necklace