Thursday, June 28, 2012

Catching Up


Click on the photo above to see all the details.

Are you ready for the 6th Bead Soup Blog Party? This year there are a record 400 participants, and three reveal dates. I'm so lucky to have been paired up with Bobbie Rafferty of Beadsong Jewelry Bobbie and I have spent the last few days getting aquainted. Though our jewelry designs might be a bit different, (she does a lot of seed bead work and a bit of stringing, where I do mostly stringing and a bit of wirework) we both love beads--any and all beads. I've always been in awe of artists that can work with these seed beads, but Bobbie uses any beads she can get her hands on. Take a look at some of her gorgeous pieces.







Last week we went to the Lake of the Ozarks for a family reunion. It was hot and we packed in the activities. Our favorite was the trip to Ha Ha Tonka State Park where we hiked a trail that included a natural bridge and the skeleton of a once gorgeous castle up on a cliff.

View of the castle from the trail.


Remains of the castle.


Our daughter in blue, her friend, and our nephew.


My brother in law enjoying a wonderful view from the castle courtyard


A gorgeous sunrise on the lake.


A speedy trip around the lake, and a lovely sunset.


The girls getting ready to parasail.


And when we got home this sweet package was waiting for me. I was the lucky winner of
Mary Harding's sweet Asparagas pendant. Just look at the cheery packaging!



I keep all the business cards I get because they are little works of art in themselves.


Asparagus Pendant--isn't it gorgeous?

6 comments:

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

What a cool place. I never heard of it before but it looks like a wonderful place to explore, especially the castle!

Love the asparagus pendant and it's packaging; looking forward to seeing what you create with it! I really appreciate it when people are thoughtful with their packaging.

prince snow farm said...

That asparagus pendant is stunning!

Roxanne Mendoza said...

Alice,

Looks like you had a blast on your trip! Congrats on winning the asparagus pendant...its so cute! I really love her packaging with the little heart bead!

Bobbie said...

What a fun looking trip! Parasailing has always sounded like such fun, but I know I'd be a quivering mass of nerves if I actually tried it.

Bobbie said...

And thanks for the nice comments!

Anindita Basu said...

Thanks for sharing those cool places with us. And what a nice surprise when you came home. That pendant is beautiful. I am also in the 6th Bead soup party. Waiting for the fun to begin. Dita.