Friday, August 17, 2012

Finally Friday



I'm skidding in sideways with my Finally Friday post because I literally put it together this morning! The inspiration was the fabulous palette above from Design Seeds.


'Leaving Summer Behind'

These earrings were inspired by the cooler (and much appreciated) weather we've had for the last few days. The onset of cooler weather always makes me think of Autumn, my favorite season.



I took a bit of liberty with the colors in the palette as you can see. I chose the warmer colors of Vintaj Brass rather than the tan tones in the palette. The lovely lampwork beads were from Whitney Street Studio, and I thought they represented most of the other colors in the palette nicely. Perched on top of the Vintaj brass domed washers is a Swarovski emerald bicone to add a bit of brightness.



I have to thank Shannon for hosting this fun challenge every week. Please check out her blog to see what she made, and maybe even play along.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They. Are. Gorgeous. I love the little leaves at the bottom!

CraftyHope said...

Those are really super!! I'm glad you took a little liberty with them, they turned out so well.

A Polymer Penchant said...

Before you said you were taking liberties I was marveling at how you had the perfect beads on hand this morning! Great show!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Alice,
You hit the nail on the head with these earrings they match the color pallet to a tee and not to mention that they are a beautiful pair. Oh I am so looking forward to fall and the cooler temps.
Therese

Lela said...

Perfect color choices for that color palette - and turned into very pretty earrings.