Wednesday, July 31, 2013

An Experiment in Patina

I know many of you have experimented with Patina so this might be a 'done that' post to you. But for me it's something new and exciting. I'm using instructions from Denise Yezbak Moore in the February 2011 Issue of Bead Trends.  Yes it takes me that long to put things in to action. 

I'm using Vintaj 25 mm copper circles. The process takes three days or more depending on the level of patina you want. I was so excited  about how well this worked that I forgot to take a photo of the first day results.


Day two, very nice patina. Even the paper plate shines with color and salt crystals.

Day three.  I'm not happy with the results as they are more crusty than I wanted.  It's my own fault as I purchased coarse sea salt rather than fine by mistake.This is the convex side.

Concave side. I finished them with a little buffing and a light coat of Ren Wax.


'St Croix' with Scorched Earth drops.









4 comments:

romantic decay said...

Love these!

Anvil Artifacts said...

Patinas are so fun. Don't you love that verdigris color? It's my all time favorite! The Scorched Earth droppers you've paired your patinated discs with are just perfect! Beautful earrings, Alice!

VS said...

Love this, what was the process you used as it's all new to me too!!!
Looks like it worked GREAT!!!
Smiles,
Susie

Anonymous said...

loving those, that patina and Petra's drops that's a winning combo